- Axxess Industries Inc
- Kelowna, BC
- 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- Salary NA
- Full Time
We are looking to hire a Bookkeeper/Administrator in a custom manufacturing environment producing world class products, right here in the Okanagan.
Among the qualities we look for are:
- keen interest in completing work with high accuracy
- consistency in attendance and punctuality
- positive, can-do attitude
- bright, energetic, enthusiastic personality
- a desire to learn and grow with the company
- must be comfortable cross-training to support our other administrative positions
Axxess Industries is an innovative electronics, software and signage manufacturer changing how people and technology interact in hotels and homes. Founded in 2000 and based out of Kelowna, BC, we produce high quality custom products for premium hotel brands including Hilton, MGM, Grand Hyatt, Sandals, Four Seasons, and more.
We are a passionate team of engineers, designers and craftsmen who collaborate to create beautiful products and systems that simply work. We offer competitive wages with increases to those who stand out in the crowd, and group plan benefits covering dental and extended health are available after three months.
About the Job:
For our Bookkeeping/Administrator position, we require a person to handle Invoicing, Finances, and a variety of other administrative tasks. Additionally, our ideal candidate must be comfortable cross-training to support our junior administrator/administrative assistant.
Duties will primarily involve, but are not limited to, tasks in the following areas:
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Monitoring banking, credit card, deferred income accounts; updating weekly cash flow reports
- Processing payments via EFT, ACH, wire transfer, e-transfer, and cheque
- Generating financial reports for management and accountants
- Coordinating with an accounting firm at yearend
- Government filings and payments, GST, payroll deductions, PST, patent payments
- Coordinating employee benefits
- Coordinating with HR assistant to check and distribute new employee forms, update employee files and lists, maintain key distribution records, process ROE, final payment, and benefit plan notifications
Duties may additionally involve assisting in the following areas as needed:
- Responding to customer inquiries, generating quotes, processing orders/repair requests, monitoring web orders.
- Generating shipping quotes, various shipment methods, monitoring shipments, generating waybills, sending notifications, etc.
- Receiving and recording inbound shipments and notifying appropriate parties.
- Maintaining office/janitorial supply stock, monitoring building maintenance, answering phone calls and/or messages
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, calm and collected under pressure, skilled in problem solving, and always looking to achieve the highest quality in their work. Strong communication and computer skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to follow written procedures are a must.
Does this describe you? If so, please apply to express your interest. In your application, please include a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter, please explain how/why you left your last job and why you are suited for this job. Be prepared to supply contact details for your three most recent employers, as we will require these if we select you for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$28.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person